We are looking for an enthusiast computational designer, willing to work together with our developing team, creating scripts for our ever-evolving software, which is used through all phases of the WOOD-SKIN® process, from design to engineering, to production files creation.
The professional will be also involved in the design/production daily workflow focusing on realizing three-dimensional surfaces for architecture everywhere in the world.
- A professional degree in architecture, engineer, design or computer science
- 2/3+ years of experience in computational design and digital fabrication fields
- Prooved ability to develop simple solutions to complex design problems through computational scripting
- Mastering Rhino and Grasshopper and most of the relative plugins (such as weaverbird, pufferfish, parakeet, heteroptera, paneling tools, lunchbox…)
- Advanced knowledge in parametric design, shapes topologies, and generative geometry
- Advanced knowledge in data-tree structures
- Proficiency in mesh topology and manipulation
- Proficiency in form-finding strategies
- Ability to run simulations with Kangaro
- A knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Proficiency in C#, VB or Python scripting
- Ability to generate and edit G-code
- Alternative software: Blender, Houdini, Dynamo, Unity 3D, Unreal Engine, Maya
Collaboration based on Partita Iva between 1.500€ to 2.500€, depending on experience.